Virginia Hand Callaway Discovery Center
The Virginia Hand Callaway Discovery Center is a perfect option for guests who want both an indoor and outdoor wedding experience. Have your ceremony indoors with an open design and lofty ceilings, then take guests outdoors to dance in the moonlight.
- Reservations are required to use the Callaway Discovery Center for wedding ceremonies, rehearsals and other events.
- Rehearsals: Use of the Callaway Discovery Center for a rehearsal is included in the rental fee. Rehearsal date and time should be reserved at the time the Callaway Discovery Center is reserved for the ceremony.
- Gardens Admission: Wedding guests will be admitted to the Gardens at no charge on the day of the wedding, up to two (2) hours prior to the scheduled time of the wedding.
- Rice, birdseed and sparklers may not be used because of the harm they cause wildlife and natural resources. The release of butterflies or any other living thing is not permitted, per Callaway Gardens’ agreement with the Department of Agriculture. Bubbles are permitted outdoors.
- Thanks to the natural beauty of the Callaway Discovery Center and its surroundings, most brides find additional decorations are not necessary. However, additional decorations are permitted, within reason, on the inside of the Callaway Discovery Center. The use of nails, staples or heavily gummed tape is not permitted. Decorations must be removed immediately following ceremony.
- All existing features, including signage, in the Callaway Discovery Center must remain in place.
- Callaway Gardens reserves the right to provide all catering services within the Callaway Discovery Center. No outside food or beverage may be brought into the Callaway Discovery Center, with the exception of wedding and groom’s cakes.