Discovery Bicycle Trail & Bicycle Rentals
Daily (Last daily rental at 3:30 p.m. ET), 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
DISCOVERY BICYCLE TRAIL
The Discovery Bicycle Trail is a wide, paved surface that meanders for 7 miles through a variety of scenic woodland environments, with stops at all of our world-class attractions. The gently rolling path has numerous entry points, giving guests of all ages an opportunity to explore as much of the Gardens as they like on two wheels.
If you don't have a bicycle to bring, rental bikes are available daily, based on availability, at the Virginia Hand Callaway Discovery Center and The Lodge and Spa. Call 1.800.852.3810 for more information. Click here for a sample of the waiver all renters will be required to sign.
Daily Rates* (Full/Half Day)
- 21-speed Trek FX: $50/$30
- 3-speed Automatic or Manual Shift: $35/$20
- 6-speed with Burley (two-child capacity): $50/$30
- 6-Speed with Optional Child Carrier or Trail-A-Bike: $25/$15
- 20” or 24” Childrens: $25/$15
- 21-speed Trek FX: $125
- 3-speed Automatic or Manual Shift: $90
- 6-speed with Burley (two-child capacity): $125
- 6-Speed with Optional Child Carrier or Trail-A-Bike: $50
- 20” or 24” Childrens: $70
- Helmet Deposit: $5 per helmet, fully-refundable upon return. Georgia law requires bicycle helmets for all riders ages 16 and younger.
- Missing Lock: $8
Missing/Stolen Bicycle Charges
- 24" Trek FX with Optional Burley (two-child capacity): $500
- 3-speed Automatic, 3-speed Manual Shift and 20”/24” Kids: $400
- 20” or 24” Childrens: $300
- Trail-A-Bike and 6-speed with child carrier: $300
- Guests are responsible for any bicycle damage and/or theft. No rain-checks.
- Someone in your party should bring a charged cell phone and a Callaway Gardens Map & Guide. In case of emergency, call Security at 706.663.5070.
- For a safe experience, we recommend that you wear shoes that will stay on your feet. Many accidents are caused by wearing flip flops and other loose-fitting footwear or apparel.
- Guests must be at least 18 years old to rent a bicycle.
- Georgia law requires bicycle helmets for all riders ages 16 and younger.
- Personal baskets are not permitted on bicycles. Guests are not permitted to alter, modify or add personal attachments to bicycles in rental fleet.
- Children riding in Callaway Gardens child carriers must not exceed 40 pounds and 36 inches in height. Riders must be 16 years or older to ride a bicycle with a child in a child carrier. Children riding on Trail-A-Bikes must not exceed 65 pounds. Trail-A-Bikes are to be ridden only by children who are too big for a child carrier and cannot ride a bicycle without training wheels.
- Rental bicycles are not allowed off of Callaway Gardens property.
- Pets are not permitted in child carriers, baskets or burleys.
- Credit card, room charge or master billing required for overnight and weekly bicycle rentals.
If you're not up for cycling around the Gardens but prefer something smaller than an automobile, try one of our Callaway Cruiser four-seat golf carts. CLICK HERE for more information.
*8% sales tax is additional for all rentals.